Job Opening: Head Mechanic
We are looking for an experienced bike mechanic to lead our service area. The ideal candidate will be a team member who is excited to deliver quality service, improved procedures, customer kindness and creativity that will contribute to greater excitement and sales of electric bikes. We strive to provide fun for our customers and a workplace where you can feel great about what you do.
- Perform all types of repairs on both electric and non-electric bikes.
- Assemble e-bikes and perform adjustments.
- Manage the bike builds of other team members.
- Install components and accessories - fenders, racks, integrated lighting, saddles and tires, etc.
- Install conversion kits on traditional bikes.
- Keep the department well-organized.
- Be part of the team for evaluating new bike models, new accessories, for building store traffic and generating sales.
- Some delivery of e-bikes to customers.
- Assist on the sales floor.
- 4+ years of bike mechanic experience.
- Experience servicing e-bikes a plus.
- Good knowledge of principles of electricity and electronics a plus.
- A team orientation towards improving the overall performance of the business.
- A strong desire to deliver a great customer experience.
- Enthusiasm for learning rapid technical change and innovation.
- An interest in getting more people out of their cars and into cleaner, healthier transportation.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- A genuine fondness for pizza.
Southeast Portland, ORWe offer a very competitive wage and bonuses based on the overall performance of the team.
Apply: Forward resume or an explanation of your qualifications to email@example.com